With the beard trend still in full swing for our men, I am delighted to see lidl stocking this Silver Crest beard trimmer for just €11.99 perfect for Neil! It is also a hair trimmer so perfect for any man in your life!
I always love to add a small fun present from the kids and this year I have emoji gold balls- which he prob won't use for another 3 years!! But for €4.99 it's a fun present. And something the kids will like to give as they are colourful and they love the faces on them!
If gifts are not your thing and your prefer to get to your mans heart through his stomach. Or you have a man in your life that is impossible to buy for why not cook him something amazing this Fathers Day?
Give your dad the gift of a satisfied tummy this Father’s Day by preparing a delicious meal for you and your family to enjoy.
From tasty loaded nachos to pork burgers, each of these recipes is quick and easy to make and uses fresh and delicious produce, guaranteed to invigorate taste buds!
Ingredients available in Lidl’s 150 stores across Ireland.
Tasty Loaded Nachos with Homemade Guacamole
Ideal for serving while your dad’s favourite team are playing or as a yummy starter, these tasty loaded nachos with homemade guacamole are sure to go down a treat in your household this Father’s Day!
• 1 tin of Freshona Kidney Beans, drained
• 1 clove of Garlic, peeled & crushed
• ½ tbsp Primadonna Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 bag of Simply Salted Tortilla Chips
• 1 tbsp Kania Cumin Seeds
• 200g Rathdaragh Medium Mature White Cheddar
• 2 Avocados, peeled & destoned
• Juice of half a Lime
• Half a Red Onion, peeled & thinly sliced
• Large handful of fresh Coriander
• 1 small Red Chilli, sliced
• 3 tbsps Coolree Creamery Sour Cream
• 3 tbsps Snaktastic Hot Salsa
• Pinch of Kania Salt & Black Pepper
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the kidney beans. Add one clove of garlic, season, and cook for 5 minutes over a low heat.
2. Tip the tortilla chips into a large casserole dish. Grate the cheese over the tortilla chips and melt under the grill.
3. To make the guacamole, mash the avocados & add the lime juice, onion, chilli & most of the coriander and stir to combine.
4. Top the tortillas with the guacamole, warm kidney beans, sour cream, salsa and more coriander before serving.
Turkey Burgers with Feta & Rocket Salad
These fantastic pork burgers would be a deliciously unique choice for your Father’s Day meal – simply serve with either regular or sweet potato fries & tuck in!
• 1 pkt of Bally Manor Turkey Breast Mince
• 4 slices of Glensallagh Smoked Back Bacon
• 1 pkt of Eridanous Greek Feta, crumbled
• 1 tsp of chopped Parsley
• 1 tsp of chopped Thyme
• 1 Connell Farm Egg, beaten
• 50g of Connell Bakery Breadcrumbs
• 4 Connell Bakery Burger Buns
• Juice of half a Lemon
• ½ tbsp. Deluxe Irish Rapeseed Oil
• 1 pkt of Meadow Fresh Rocket
• 2 tbsp Deluxe Irish Country Tomato Relish
• Pinch of Kania Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat your grill or barbecue to its hottest setting. To make the burgers, mix the pork mince with the parsley, thyme, egg and breadcrumbs and season. Using clean hands, mould the mixture into 4 burgers, cover with cling film and place in your fridge for 15 minutes to set.
2. Grill the bacon slices until golden and crisp then set aside.
3. Grill the burgers for 10 minutes on each side, or until completely cooked through. When cooked add the feta and bacon and grill for one minute.
4. Mix the rocket with the lemon juice. Toast the buns and transfer the burgers onto them, adding the salad before serving.
Father’s Day Meal Deal:
If cooking isn’t your forte, Lidl are also offering a Father’s Day Meal Deal for just €10 so you can treat your dad to a delicious feast. The Meal Deal includes;
Sirloin Steak 400g
Sides: Take 2 Sides
Butter Roast Potatoes
Desserts: Choose 1 item
Banoffee Pie or Irish Cream Liqueur Cheesecake