Babymoon at Farnham Estate

Fourth baby and first time to have a baby moon. And let me tell you I was seriously missing out! My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in Farnham Estate & Spa last month and I had the pleasure of experiencing the most amazing facial in their gorgeous Spa. Farnham is stunning to stay over night, but I also think if that wasn’t possible it is perfect to go for the day have some afternoon tea, pregnancy treatments, a swim and a gorgeous dinner! Farnham offers so much more than just a night away! It would also be a fantastic venue for a baby shower!





Our Stay..
Only 90 mins from Dublin, Farnham was very handy to get to. Its beautiful grounds immediately add an essence of calm. The grounds are beautiful and although we didn’t get a chance I’m sure to walk around on one of their trails would be really enjoyable. Initially when we drove in I wondered why the hotel was so far from the actual entrance, then it clicked. The views!! The view from the hotel lobby and the room we stayed in was just picturesque. They are stunning! It made me feel so relaxed and it makes the experience feel so private also. We had a gorgeous 3 course meal in the restaurant. If you are booking the restaurant I would highly recommend to book a table beside the huge windows and enjoy your relaxing meal beside a stunning view! There was a variety of options on each course to suit any palate. (Or the unpredictable cravings of an nine month pregnant woman!) The food came quickly, it was hot and really tasty! The deserts were huge!! (Did I mention Im pregnant?!)

Our Room- Neil and I had the pleasure of staying in the Deer Park Suite. When we first walked in we couldn’t believe it. It is fab!! Two huge windows open the room up to those stunning views and in the room is a huge four-poster bed. Arm chairs and a TV and a nespresso machine (fantastic little extra in my opinion) and then the best bit.. a HUGE bathroom. Again, two huge windows letting relaxation flood in. A bath in the middle of the room with a view directly out the window. A double sink and a huge double shower. Such a luxury and so perfect for a very deserving mum to be!!

Pregnancy Espa Facial- On my last three pregnancies I never had the opportunity or the finances for a pregnancy treatment. Or so I thought! I also always thought with not being able to lie directly on my back or front I felt the therapist would be limited in what they could do. Again, wrong!
I was booked in for an hour long facial and head massage with Espa products in the Spa. I arrived a little early to fill out my form, a little about my health and preferences re massage etc. I was then lead to a quiet and calm corridor and lead to the changing rooms. Clean, quiet and a locker provided you need a euro for the locker as members of the gym also use the changing rooms so don’t forget that!! Bernie, my therapist then showed me to my room. As I mentioned, not having a pregnancy treatment before I didn’t know what to expect. Bernie was really amazing she explained everything to me- what she would do, what I should wear and how I should position myself on the bed. She let me try and smell all the products she would be using on my face and let me choose which ones I preferred. For me this was unbelievable, being pregnant some smells are just not very appealing to me so I really appreciated this little extra. Bernie also asked me loads about my skin and I really felt she got a good understanding about what way my skin has been behaving through this pregnancy. It made me feel very relaxed and calm before the facial had even begun! The bed when I lay on it was warm which was perfect and with the soothing music playing in the back round I was already in heaven. The facial and head massage itself was just heaven. So relaxing and my skin reacted so well to all the products Bernie had used. Shows just how much she had really listened when I told her about my skin. I cannot recommend Bernie enough, I had ticked medium pressure on my form and she was perfect. She made me feel so relaxed and so comfortable that I didn’t want it to end! Afterwards she lead me to a small relaxation room and a glass of water. I was floating.

I then met up with Neil for a swim in the beautiful pool. Surrounded by stunning views the pool is incredible. They also have an infinity pool and I have say it is breath taking! I really felt like a pinch me moment relaxing in the infinity pool. It is nothing like I have ever been in before.
 

I had always thought through my previous pregnancies and this one that pregnancy treatments didnt have much to offer. And they weren’t worth the money. I can honestly say I was so wrong. A pregnancy treatment and babymoon is essential for any mum to be. Even if you were to put away a little bit each week from the beginning of your pregnancy and cash it in at the end when you have all the aches and pains and really need it! I would advise any expectant mum to choose Farnaham for your babymoon and if you do, I highly recommend getting a pregnancy treatment from the talented Bernie, you can thank me later!

To discover what it is that you will take away from Farnham Estate, packages begin from €159 per room midweek bed and breakfast.


For further details and to book treatments, consultations and packages in the Health Spa please contact the spa on 049 437 7700 or email healthspa@farnhamestate.com.

Visit www.farnhamestate.com for further information on special offers.